Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow..



Parker Daniel Weston is here. He arrived at 6:25am March 27th! He was 7lbs 13oz 20 1/2 in. His entrance into the world was an amazing answer to prayer. We were scheduled to go into the hospital at 3:00pm on the 26th for an induction, but at 4 am that morning I started having contractions on my own. We ended up at the hospital that morning around 10:30 and got to stay. I ended up not needing to be put on pitocin which I really think made my delivery easier since he was a whole pound bigger than Lorelei was. Dr. Dupre was not able to deliver him, but Dr. Phillips was on call that night and he did an incredible job! Right before I began pushing we read the verse that we had picked out for Parker.

For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you, and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord, and may please him in every way, bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. Colossians 1:9-12

That just set the tone for the next few minutes before he arrived. It was a very worshipful experience.

The last week and...well, almost 2 weeks now have been great. An adjustment to say the least. Where before I had Lorelei and Danny to give all of my love and attention to I now have one more in the mix and I pray that I can be to each of them what I need to be. I hope to write more later on the precious moments we have experienced between Lorelei and Parker, but it is feeding time now so I must be going.

Be blessed!

No comments: